Power Sink Option for SM3000
The Power Sink option permits the power supply to absorb bursts of power fed back to the power supply. An internal module senses the status of the power supply and sinks current across the output terminals, thus maintaining a constant output voltage. The Power Sink option allows a faster response when the power supply is step programmed to a lower voltage at low load conditions. Ideal solution for supplying electric motors with PWM control, ATE systems requiring fast down programming at no load conditions, generating fast Automotive waveforms.
- Can absorb 300 W peak power
- Maintains output voltage setting regardless output power is positive or negative (source and sink)
- Ideal solution for supplying electric motors with PWM-speed control. These systems often return power to the power supply during a braking action
- Ideal solution for ATE systems requiring fast down programming at no load conditions
- Generation Automotive waveforms (fast)